I am going to try to find articles that speak to the issues we are addressing at AFS at this point. I will not always agree with them; in fact, I would hope to present a range of views in these various articles. I believe that we need to hear a cacophony of voices and perspectives, not just one view, one perspective. And I hope that a few teachers will enter into a limited dialogue (remember, we all have grading and prep work to do!) with me.
Ultimately, I am just getting articles, pulling out some passages, and moving on.
I do have a bias, however. I believe that any and all students can achieve, can be pushed, and can excel. My job as a teacher is to work to show students what needs to be accomplished and to aid them in getting there. If as a teacher, I am not doing my best to make my class(es) safe and learner-friendly, then I have work to do. At the same time, dumping elements of the program or easing up on individuals would seem to be contrary to my personal, professional beliefs.
And now...the blog begins.
dk
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment